Kitulgala is a small town in the west of Sri Lanka. It is in the wet zone rainforest, which gets two monsoons each year, and is one of the wettest places in the country. Nevertheless, it comes alive in the first three months of the year, especially in February, the driest month.
The Academy Award-winning “The Bridge on the River Kwai” was filmed on the Kelani River near Kitulgala, although nothing remains now except the concrete foundations for the bridge Kitulgala is also a base for white-water rafting, which starts a few kilometres upstream.
COLOMBO / KITULGALA / HATTON / COLOMBO
- Pick up from Colombo
- Proceed to Kitulgala
- Optional- White water rafting at Kitulgala
- Lunch at Kitulgala
- Visit tea plantation and tea factory
- Drop-off at Colombo
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as per itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking chauffeur guide
- Applicable taxes
PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Soft drinks during tour
- Video and camera permits.
- Any other services not specified above.